On Tuesday December 15th Pershing Field Garden Friends held its 12th Annual Holiday Fundraiser, Winter Delights, at the Dante Alighieri Society. We had an excellent turnout, the company was outstanding, and the food by Renato’s was delicious. The culmination of our Solstice Series, our most successful fundraiser to date, was due to the generosity of our members, local merchants, musicians, and artists.
We are thankful to Central Ave Liquors who sponsored our event and we’re fortunate to have the support of the following merchants:
- LuLu’s Hair Zone, Height’s Wireless, Central Ave Dunkin Donuts, Do You Tea, and Stop & Shop
Unique and artistic gifts were donated by local artists:
- Santiago Cohen, Lynn Mullins, Susan Newman/Frogs Are Green, CaroLyn LamimosaArt, and Cathy King Pottery
Generous donations were also made by:
- Councilman Michael Yun, Mary Daly, Debby DeVenezia, Diane Brown, John Frohling and Mary Jean Cremyck, Josephine Sita, Albina Meluso, Bart Erbach, Laura Skolar, and Dante Alighieri Society
The night would not have been complete without the musical talents of Jersey City Jam and The AnaBel Trio who donated their time and talent to our event.
- Jersey City Jam is a pop-up band of friends who met through music in Jersey City. They have a passion for the American Songbook, Bossa nova, and the Little Sparrow, Edith Piaf. They are: Jackie Ross, Lou Selmi, Barbara Lee, and Bart Erbach who performed and graciously orchestrated the performances for the night.
- The AnaBel Trio features three local college students who bring a warm and freewheeling approach to a variety of jazz, blues, and Dixieland standards. They are: Anastasia Beliakova, Marc Velez, and Dan Aleman. Their classic tunes and Christmas selections made for an outstanding evening!
Patrick Ambrossi coordinated our volunteers; D’Angelo Barrow, Robert Kelly, Justin Kelly, Roberto Martinez, and Danny Saporito who assisted us throughout the night with our food service and tricky tray prizes. We could not have done it without their help.
A big thank you goes out to Patricia O’Hanlon who solicited our local merchants for their generous donations and Mauro Altamura who was instrumental in the artist donations for Winter Delights. We are also thankful for the support of Freeholder Anthony Romano, and members from our local neighborhood groups; Washington Park Association, and the Hamilton Park Conservancy. We had a fun and profitable night ringing in the holiday season and look forward to a successful year in 2016. Cheers!